Independent Living & Care
Live independently at Scott-Farrar.
All the comforts of home with amenities you’ll love – fine dining nightly, weekly housekeeping, transportation and a full calendar of social, recreational and cultural programs. The best part, no maintenance required!
All the comforts of home, with quality, assisted care
The Independent Living Community at Scott-Farrar gives our residents the joy and comfort of independence with more time to enjoy the things they love, worry-free, with amenities like daily fine dining, weekly housekeeping, and a full calendar of social, recreational, and cultural programs.
The independent living facilities are pet-friendly and available in multiple floor plans complete with a fully-equipped kitchen and private bathrooms.
Not only do our senior residents get to enjoy the amenities and programs offered in our independent living community, but there’s plenty of time to take advantage of all that Peterborough has to offer thanks to our transportation services. Downtown Peterborough is home to a delightful collection of shops, fine restaurants, galleries, and many cultural organizations hosting music, theater, lectures, and dance performances.
What You’ll Enjoy in our Independent Living Community
- Spacious one- and two-bedroom apartments with sunrooms
- Fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops and all major appliances
- Executive chef-prepared dinner served daily
- Communal gathering spaces, including common living room, library, auditorium, fitness room, activities room and café
- Transportation and escort services
- Social, recreational, cultural, and creative activities programs
- Covered porches, landscaped terraces, garden courtyard, and walking trail
- Private dining room
- State-of-the-art emergency e-call system
- On-site Salon (operated by Manhattan East)
- Pet-friendly community
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Public Wi/Fi
- All utilities, excluding telephone and cable
- Onsite, Genesis Rehab therapy gym for outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy services
Enjoy the things you love, we’ll take care of the rest.
What is a typical size of an Independent Living Apartment?
Our private apartments in Independent Living range in size as the following:
- One-Bedrooms 727-737 Sq Ft
- One-Bedroom with den 849-867 Sq Ft
- Two-Bedroom 984-1252 Sq Ft
- Two-Bedroom with den 1322-1424 Sq Ft
Is Covered Parking Available?
Yes, covered parking is available for an additional $75 per month for one space. We have 16 covered parking spaces, so they are limited to first come first serve. It is free to park anywhere else within Scott-Farrar’s parking lots. We will help remove snow from resident’s vehicles after snowstorms and can assist with moving vehicles for plowing.
Does Independent Living include meals?
Yes. Scott-Farrar includes one meal a day for Independent Living Residents. Monday through Saturday that meal is dinner served at 5:30 PM. On Sundays residents enjoy a delicious brunch served at 12:30 PM.
“My husband Eric and I moved into Scott-Farrar from Arizona, during the summer of 2020. We live in a spacious two-bedroom apartment with lots of windows and sunlight, which we love. I am enjoying interacting with neighbors through knitting and book club and my sister Ann lives just down the hall from me. Through all the uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic, I felt safe at Scott-Farrar and continue to feel safe here. I am so glad we made the decision to return to the Monadnock Region and call Scott-Farrar home.”
– Jane Ellingson, Independent Living Resident at Scott-Farrar
To learn more about Independent Living Community availability, please contact Toby at email@example.com
Enjoy the things you love while we take care of the maintenance, housekeeping and cooking!