Learn how Scott-Farrar at Peterborough got started.
Scott-Farrar’s roots in the community go back to the incorporation of the Peterborough Home for the Aged in 1909.
Scott-Farrar has roots in the Peterborough community that go back to the incorporation of the Peterborough Home for the Aged in 1909.
Originally, the home was located in a small house on Vine Street, until the 1920’s when descendants of Helen Farrar donated their large Victorian home and property on Elm Street.
When Jennie Scott, a life long resident of Peterborough, died in 1951, she bequeathed half of her estate to the Peterborough Home for the Aged.
In 1957, the new non-profit charitable organization was incorporated and the community’s name changed to the Scott-Farrar Home and the brick Scott-Farrar home that so many are familiar with was built.
Building upon its lengthy heritage of providing care to seniors, Scott-Farrar at Peterborough was fully rebuilt, with a slight name change, in 2016, to meet the evolving expectations of today’s seniors.
A non-profit chairitable community, committed to Seniors in the Monadnock Region since 1909.